When receiving a bonus offer, the online casino should always explicitly provide the bonus conditions. Is this not happening? Then you can assume that something is not quite right. But: normally the conditions are neatly included. Via a link you can open the page with bonus conditions. Now it may be a rather extensive document, which not everyone reads easily. Below are therefore some tips with regard to assessing and reading bonus conditions.
What is the design of the bonus conditions?
The first tip is on the global assessment of how the document looks. Is it a neatly structured piece? Then the casino has probably put more effort into this. This can be an indication of reliability. Are the bonus conditions unclear, confused or even contraindicative? Then you might do well to find another online casino that also has bonus offers… So look carefully at the style and design of the document: is the impression professional?
Which ‘wager requirements’ apply with regard to the bonus?
The second tip is perhaps the most common source of frustration. Let’s sketch an example. Wager requirements, or commitment requirements; are used by most online casinos when providing a bonus. Didn’t you expect this? Then this can be a nasty surprise.
An example: you open an account at Online Casino ABC and deposit $ 50.00. You accept the 100% deposit bonus (and the applicable conditions) and receive $ 100.00 play money in your account. You start by playing a nice video slot, and after a few spins you win a Big Win: $ 750.00. Joy dominates and you choose eggs for your money: pay out, and a little quickly. At the cashout, Online Casino ABC will refuse your withdrawal. You have not yet met the ‘wager requirements’ and you have to wager the bonus money X more times.
In short, the ‘wager’ is the number of times you have to wager a bonus amount before the bonus is cleared. In addition, additional requirements have been set for the bonus. Before accepting a bonus, it is important to know what the conditions are. Take a good look at wager requirements. Since most online casino bonus terms are in English: use Control F, search for ‘Wager’; and assess whether the requirements are acceptable to you! Below is an overview of the usual bonus conditions, so it is normal if you come across these.
Normal bonus conditions, don’t be alarmed:
- You can only use the bonus 1x per IP or household
- This is to prevent abuse, so you cannot request the same bonus 10x until you have a Big Win once
- You have to wager the bonus amount X times to clear the bonus
- Think of 25-40x, this is average
- You cannot place more than $ 5 per bet
- This reduces the chance of big wins for the casino, making it more difficult to clear the bonus
- Table games do not count (entirely)
- So you cannot bet $ 5 on red and $ 5 on black at the same time in roulette
- With some payment methods you don’t get a bonus (Neteller, Skrill, Paypal)
- Payment methods cost a casino money and the bonus also costs the casino money. For some casinos it is no longer profitable to give bonuses with these payment options.
Bad bonus conditions; beware of this if you come across them:
- There will be no mention of what happens if you (accidentally) violate the bonus conditions
- eg: Do you accidentally bet more than $ 5 a few times? Have you lost your bonus or do the bets not count?
- The wager requirements are very high (wager 45 or more x your bonus amount)
- The wager is secretly much higher than it looks
- The wager with the bonus is 40x, which is fine in itself. But there is not 40x the bonus amount, but 40x (deposit + bonus). This means that you need much longer to clear the bonus. With a 100% bonus of $ 100, the wagering requirements suddenly become $ 8,000 instead of $ 4,000. Secret and not neat!
- There is a clause that the casino may remove the bonus at any time.
- This is not necessary if the bonus conditions are watertight. The casino then apparently does not rely on their own bonus conditions.
We can’t say it often enough, but make sure you always read the bonus terms and conditions at the casino before agreeing to a bonus.
Do you play with bonus money first or with cash money first?
If you make a deposit and receive a bonus, you actually have 2 amounts in your account; the deposited money and the bonus. It is important with which balance you start playing. And related to that, whether you can pay out the deposited amount (and of course return the bonus to the casino = fixed amount). There are 4 options:
- in Casino A you first play with cash, and you are not allowed to withdraw money with an active bonus.
- This is not a pleasant situation; after your deposit you have to continue playing until the bonus is cleared. Unfortunately, this form is quite common.
- in Casino B you first play with bonus money, and you are not allowed to withdraw money with an active bonus.
- Not bad in itself. When you run out of bonus money, the bonus is no longer active and you can always continue to play with cash, or have your cash paid out. This situation occurs occasionally. Please note, you must first use up the bonus or comply with the wagering. Until then, you cannot have anything paid out.
- In Casino C you first play with cashand you can have money paid out with an active bonus. You give the bonus back to the casino.
- In our opinion this is the fairest form. For example, you can simply pay out the rest after you’ve lost half. You will of course have lost the bonus money.
- In Casino D you first play with bonus moneyand you can have money paid out with an active bonus.
- Actually, this never happens. You could try to play with the bonus for free. Are you losing everything or is it just not going well? Then you could still have your deposit paid out in full.
Since situation D does not occur, our preference is situation C.
Make sure you know exactly what the consequences are for paying out, especially if the consequences relate to your own investment.
General tip: know what you agree with and read carefully!
The general denominator in accepting a bonus looks at understanding the conditions. Make sure you know what you agreed to. Also download / copy / print the conditions that apply at the time that you accept the bonus. Does the casino act in violation of its own conditions afterwards? Then you can demonstrate with this what you have agreed to. This can benefit from changes.
Follow casino news from This website for more useful tips and articles
At This website we will keep you informed about cool gambling news, but also about serious matters. Keep an eye on our website so you can take advantage of our tips!